2 August 2015

WINTER HABITS

DSC_4279-2


DSC_4270-2
DSC_4266-2
DSC_4263-2
DSC_4260-2
DSC_4257-2
DSC_4288-2


Hello everyone! Here is a post on my winter habits and how I get ready for bed every night, which is something I look forward to. Pictured above in the flat lay are the products and items I use every night before I go to bed. Firstly, I'm a sucker for a good nights sleep, well let's be honest, who isn't. So to start off, due to living in Melbourne, our nights get to around 5 degrees, so I am crazy about my electric blanket and my, thick, warm duvet. 

One thing that I honestly believe makes or breaks my nights sleep is the bedding and mattress that I have. How my bed is presented is important to me. This post was inspired through Parachute, a company based in Venice Beach, which prides itself on making bedding out of long-staple Egyptian cotton. I found that Parachute offers beautiful white sheets along with an array of neutral coloured bedding options.  This combination of the colours above is something I love, as it is super inviting and gets me into the mindset of a good nights sleep.

Secondly, I find that in Winter, the weather and heaters often drastically dry out my skin, especially my face. So... to stop my skin from going crazy, I've found a before bed routine that I follow religiously, which I thought I would share with you guys!

So here we go, this is my moistursing routine. After I've cleansed my face and used a toner, I love to hydrate my face with my Jurlique 'Rose Moisture Plus' moisturing cream.  This is followed by using my Clinique 'All About the Eyes' and 'Moisture Surge Overnight Mask'. I find that using these products in combination with each other is great for dry skin, and doesn't result in me breaking out. Normally, I use the Clinique 'Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief', but I recently ran out of it and thought I would try the Jurlique moisturiser, which was a gift. I then finish my night routine off with a little bit of my Grown Alchemist Vanilla & Orange Peel Hand Cream.

Before going to bed, I like to wind down. I do this through either browsing through Pinterest on my iPad or having a quick peek through Instagram, but more times than not, both. I know this isn't great for a good nights sleep, as it stimulates you mind, so I'm thinking that I should get into the habit of reading instead. But then again, who doesn't love a browse on Pinterest! Lastly, after I turn the lights off, I wear an eye mask to sleep (the one pictured above is from Sephora), as my bedroom does get very bright in the morning, due to only having window shades.

I hope that this was an insight into my night routine, and how I love to stay warm during winter! See you next post guys x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email